Last Updated on January 5, 2018 by GrahamWalsh
Seven hundred and thirty days ago, I embarked on my journey with a relatively unknown Norwegian company called Pexip.
It took me about a week to pronounce it, but I’m still going strong (I think) after two years and some amazing developments have happened and I’ve been fortunate to visit some great places around the world meeting customers and partners.
As I joined, v11 of Pexip Infinity was launched just a few days before and it included multi-steaming support for Skype for Business and a whole host of other goodies for Skype for Business interoperability, plus support for hosting Pexip in AWS.
Fast forward 2 years and we are about to launch v17. Some major highlights in the two years include
- Support for Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Bursting on demand to AWS and Azure (using API to automatically start and stop Virtual Machines on Azure and AWS)
- Scheduling for Microsoft Exchange
- Industry first of supporting PowerPoint uploads into standards based video meetings
- ORTC support for Microsoft Edge Browsers and Safari WebRTC
- New Live view (dashboard of what is happening within your platform, picture above)
- Built in audio and video test call service
- Bigger and better scalability
Being certified by Microsoft for Skype for Business this summer is certainly a huge highlight and also the announcement at Microsoft Ignite this year as a Microsoft Teams interoperability partner in such a short space of time of working with them.
These are just some of the highlights of this amazing journey with more great things to come in 2018.
Also published on Medium.