What's in this post...
Last Updated on July 1, 2020 by GrahamWalsh
This is more of an internal note to remind myself of some attempts to recover the MTR if a user joined it to a domain. It may or may not work for you.
Remember to reboot after each change
- Start > Run > gpedit.msc
- Check Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > All Settings and set to Not Configured
- Check Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > All Settings and set to Not Configured
- Open an elevated command prompt
- secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
- RD /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers”
- RD /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy”
- gpupdate /force
Note: Please be sure to back up the files before deleting them.
Also, delete the keys under the following entries: (do this through the command line if you’ve locked yourself out of regedit aswell)
- HKLM \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies