Last Updated on September 13, 2013 by GrahamWalsh
– UC Software 5.0.0 is a major release for all open SIP platforms including Microsoft® Lync® Server 2010 and Microsoft Lync Server 2013 with qualified compatibility. Polycom UC Software 5.0.0 supports the following VVX Business Media Phones and Polycom SoundStructure VOIP Card:
- VVX 300/310 business media phone
- VVX 400/410 business media phone
- VVX 500 business media phone
- VVX 600 business media phone
- VVX 1500 business media phone
- SoundStructure VOIP interface
Why should customers update their Polycom VVX Business Media Phones to UC5.0.0?
Improves desktop productivity for users through multiple Lync enhancements such as Better-Together-Over-Ethernet, Lync 2013 interoperability, Boss Admin, Call Park, Address Book Search, Lync video conferencing to the desktop (VVX 500/VVX600 only)
Simple to deploy, easy to administer, upgrade and maintain from the Lync Server
Leverage existing communication investments, third-party UC and productivity applications
Compatibility with multiple industry standard call control platforms, Open SIP and Microsoft Lync
Closer alignment with BroadSoft with the introduction of BroadSoft UC-One features
To download the UCS Software, click here.
Jeff Schertz has a more detailed blog about the new Lync features available here.